I suggest you ...

Always show pronunciations

Some of the words appear without a guide about how to pronounce them.

433 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RachaelRachael shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Dehdefhxdhbffbfhrdvfh eehehxvdhhfdrfhdfj dhfgbfhfxhxfbfbcfbfufbrthfhthdhbdvxgfebde fufhbhffhfbvxbffchhgdjfbfvhr

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hdzhdghxfhdhfhduthdyrhfc xnxnxufhxhthgxhxh ghfvgfhgbcdhbfrhfvgf

• Anonymous commented  · 

Chhccbfhfcfbhfbffhurrfyfghcbfhfrbhjgfchfbcdfhfrubffhcfbbfefhfc

• Anonymous commented  · 

There are two considerations with this.
        1- pronunciation as one might spell out the sounds (simplified by an exaggerated sound spelling as a layman might intuitively "sound out" &/or 'break it down'. This is what is commonly found in dictionaries, designed to render the sound more easily identifiable to everyday speakers of the target language/word.
        2- the pronunciation as transcribed with the International Phonetic Alphabet, using the more precise & more widely recognized phonetic marks, eg. standards. This transcription, although less widely seen in dictionaries & thesaurus volumes, can be read by speakers of multiple languages. In this fashion, even those unfamiliar with the spelling conventions of the language, they are empowered to correctly utter the word/phrase being learned.

• TheresaTheresa commented  · 

Please fix audible function , most words are not heard because of problems

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please provide pronunciation guides for all languages!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Where is the audio pronunciation we use to have?

• BethBeth commented  · 

Please increase the FONT size of the pronunciation and bold it. Thanks any eyes over 40 yrs will be able to see and use your apps much better

• HeatherHeather commented  · 

Need pronunciations for all new words. It would be nice to say them correctly so as not to sound stupid using them

• BuddyBuddy commented  · 

I purchased this app for pronouncing words. I was hoping I could type in a
        word & it word pronounce it for me.
        Totally wanted to use it with the some of the words in the bible!
        Not very pleased with the app so far!

• Joey DennisJoey Dennis commented  · 

Of course there should be pronunciation help!

• JonJon commented  · 

It would be very nice to know how to pronounce a foreign word or even a regular English word

• RyeRye commented  · 

I was quite pleased when purchasing this app, to know I would be receiving foreign word of the days.. However, without a pronunciation guide, these words are basically useless to me. I feel like knowing how to pronounce these words is such an integral part of learning them. I am not going to use any word that I am unsure how to pronounce.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base